The Origins and Evolution:
- The V60 Pour Over was introduced by Hario, a Japanese company known for its glassware products, in 2005.
- It was designed by a team led by Hario's President, Sibata Satoshi, with a focus on achieving a balanced extraction and highlighting the nuances of coffee flavors.
- The name "V60" refers to the 60-degree angle of the cone's sides, which is considered optimal for controlling the flow rate and extraction.
2. The Pros and Cons:
- Produces a clean and crisp cup of coffee with pronounced flavors.
- Allows for precise control over brewing variables, such as water temperature, grind size, and pouring technique.
- Affordable and easily accessible brewing equipment.
- Requires practice and skill to master the pouring technique for consistent results.
- May not be suitable for those who prefer a fuller-bodied and heavier coffee.
3. Brewing devices
To achieve the perfect pour-over coffee, a crucial tool you'll need is a pour-over dripper. This handy device securely holds your filter paper and coffee, allowing you to pour hot water over the grounds. Various pour-over drippers are available in the market, such as the Hario V60, and Chemex, each possessing its own distinctive design and functioning.
When selecting a dripper, it's initially recommended to choose one that appeals to your personal . As someone embarking on their pour-over coffee journey, we personally suggest considering the Hario V60. Here's why:
- Exceptional Durability and Dishwasher Safety: Hario pour-over drippers are crafted from top-notch material, ensuring long-lasting performance and the convenience of being dishwasher safe. You won't have to worry about it getting damaged easily or spending excessive time on hand-washing.
- Steadfast Flat Base: The V60 dripper features a flat base, providing stability and allowing it to stand upright independently. This practical design aspect ensures a secure brewing process without the risk of tipping over.
- Effortless Cleaning: Whether you choose to clean it by hand or opt for the convenience of a dishwasher, the Hario V60 is a breeze to clean. Say goodbye to the hassle of tedious maintenance and enjoy the simplicity of a quick and efficient cleaning routine.
- Be a Part of the Trend: Join the community of pour-over coffee enthusiasts by embracing the Hario V60. It has gained popularity among coffee aficionados, and using it will make you feel like you're part of an exciting and passionate group. Embrace the cool factor and dive into the world of pour-over brewing with the Hario V60.
4. Brewing Guidelines:
Provide a step-by-step guide on how to brew coffee using the V60 Pour Over method. Here's a general outline:
- Start with freshly roasted coffee beans and grind them to a medium-fine consistency.
- Pre-wet the paper filter in the V60 cone with hot water to remove any paper taste.
- Place the V60 on top of a coffee cup or server.
- Add the ground coffee to the filter and make a small well in the center.
- Begin pouring hot water (around 85-90°C) in a slow, circular motion, starting from the center and moving outward.
- Aim for a total brew time of 1-2 minutes, adjusting the pouring speed to control the extraction.
- Once the brewing is complete, remove the V60 and enjoy your freshly brewed coffee.
If you're interested in trying out the V60 Pour Over brewing method yourself, we have a wide selection of V60 brew kits available in our shop section. Visit Barista Tools section to browse our collection and find the perfect V60 brew kit for your coffee brewing journey.